We rotate between:
- eating out (upside: no preparation and no cleanup, downside: no leftovers);
- quasi-mooching off friends (upside: limited culinary responsibility and no cleanup, downside: audience participation in another family's holiday dramas; limited leftovers) and
- cooking at home, with or without guests (upside: plenty of leftovers; limitless alcohol intake; no special attire required [i.e., pants optional, possibly even with certain guests];
- preparation must begin promptly two weeks after the previous Thanksgiving and yet everything must be cooked in the two hours before mealtime;
- 'The Meal" actually lasts only about 20 minutes since preparers are too tired and too drunk to last any longer and thus is the dictionary definition of anti-climax;
- cleanup requires help from the Army Corps of Engineers).